Friday, July 5, 2019

CA Progress and Nuget

I've been making steady progress with the VRWorlds-CA project.  The idea is to build a CA/Cheap-HSM out of something like a Raspberry Pi, which would be Air-Gapped and kept in a safe.   The system would generate an encrypted archive which would contain all of the root certificate info (though not the root's private keys) and the intermediate signing certificates which would get imported by the kudo servers via a thumb drive, and encrypted offsite backups which would be kept in a secured location. 

I've got the whole flow down and determined what classes and methods are needed and what they have to do.  I just need to fill in the blanks now.

I'm looking at uploading the basic libraries onto nuget, so I can simply import them into the browser (in unity).   I've got the current VRWorlds-3DOM building in .net-core mode (which is how I want the servers to run so they can run in Linux docker).  But, Unity will need probably .net 4.6 -- I'll have to play with that.  I think it's easy enough to build multiple targets and nuget must have a way of dealing with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts, Some Progress

 Lots of work at work, so not as much time for projects. Smattering of thoughts:   Godot doesn't really seem ready for prime-time with c...