Friday, June 14, 2019

Milestone Accomplished - Ping Embryonic Kudo Server

Last checkin manages a ping.   I wrote a tiny client which calls the ping servers on the server via grpc with protocol buffers--proto3.   So, that's nice.  Hello Kudo Server!

I need to now build a real client and get several of the basic calls done as well as at least the Kudo, World, and Avatar.  Though might as well do the stubs for Entity too.   I also need to build myself a CA (certificate authority).   Initially I'll just build them via normal command line (or one of the simple command line CA packages).  I want the services to be SSL right off, and handle a proper authentication.   These can get sucked into a mongo database so the Kudo server can do the right thing.

Eventually I will build a Raspberry Pi to manage root certificates and generating the signing certificates.  Was thinking it would emit needed data onto a thumb drive.   This Pi should be kept in a safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts, Some Progress

 Lots of work at work, so not as much time for projects. Smattering of thoughts:   Godot doesn't really seem ready for prime-time with c...